Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year of the Yes



I've never been big on resolutions, as I'm all for improving all 365 days of the year- or at the very least thinking about the things that ought to be changed (personally, professionally, financially, whatever) more than just once a year. That said, i suppose the New Year is as good of a time as any to resolve for better things. Here's my advice: Make an actual list of resolutions on your favorite paper and with your favorite pen (shameless client plug: Make it a Zebra pen!) and tuck said list into a drawer. When appropriate, check off the things you've resolved to do. You know you've got some self-work to do if you pull out that list on January 1, 2010 for the first time all year.

Me? As i said, I don' really list resolutions (i'm pretty positive all year that i need to go to the gym more, make all of those stupid doctor appointments i'm always putting off, get a client on Oprah, learn a language, etc). BUT: I'm looking forward to the year ahead and am content with the closing of 2008. I think i'll say "yes" a lot more this year in all areas. I'm hoping to experience a few new things just by changing my often sneer-filled no to an "okay why not" yes. This is an exciting time to be alive (Obama and the internet and Chuck Norris oh my). I look forward to living as an active participant in all things 2009- my personal year of the yes.

No comments: